Thursday, December 22, 2011

December 22nd

Solstice + Dreams for 2012

Yesterday I rode the bus with my dad to São Paulo to meet up with Patricia Sogayar, her husband Paulo who works at Ethos, and Rodrigo about the Art of Learning Center Gathering here in Brazil. On the bus ride, my dad told me about a small house he's dreaming of building out of straw-bale, timber framing and cob. It was fun to draw the plan out and think of the natural lighting, heating, and ventilation. It made me realize how much I really know about sustainable methods of building... At least in theory. But there is sooooo much to learn through practice. So now I'm dreaming of taking a course at TIBÁ on bioarchitecture.

What are the first steps I can start to take to get things moving around Fazenda Bom Jardim? Thaís said it's obvious - plan a gathering to talk about dreams and a gathering to prepare the model and then have an Oasis. Alright!! Thanks Thaís! Simple enough right?

Today was the holiday party at Elos as well as the longest day of the year here in the southern hemisphere!

No comments: