Sunday, December 18, 2011

dec 18th - surprise!

hmm, this trying to post every day. I dunno :P but here it goes! A quick post before bed...

This morning we woke up early to go watch the Santos vs. Barcelona game for the finals of the Copa Mundial happening in Japan. It sounded as if a war was being waged outside with the fireworks and all. We headed to the beach where we watched the game on a big screen near the stage set up for New Years festivities. Even before we arrived, Barcelona had scored 2 goals. Santos fans were not happy, but Barcelona is clearly the better team and I think everyone knew that. Their passing is impeccable and they work really well as a team. So the final score was 4 to 0. Not even one little goal from Santos, which was super disappointing. Soccer is a funny thing. While one side is so extremely happy, the other side cries...

The sun was toooo hot so we headed back home. Then around lunch time the doorbell rang... I thought it was my dad who had just stepped out returning. When I opened the door... Surprise!!!! my cousin Julia! my aunt Irene! Sonia! Eliane! It was a total surprise. They had been trying to call but my phone wasn't getting service for some reason. And the other day they had said they wouldn't be able to make it. So the day basically turned into a party- going to the beach, listening to some live music, walking, talking :)

At the end, after my aunts and Julia left, we returned to the same stage where we watched the Soccer match in the morning to see the São Paulo Orchestra play. It was during sunset and the light made me feel expansive. There was an elegant crowd and beeautiful instrumentals and the whole experience was quite moving.

And now starts the week... I'm curious to see what's in store.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Que delícia, tudo fica mais gostoso e especial quando estamos juntas! "O MELHOR LUGAR DO MUNDO É AQUI E AGORA
Bj,
Irê