Friday, January 6, 2012

you are the place to be

You might second guess your first guess,
you might miss your intuition,
building complex after complex,
it just gets too hard to listen,
you might go into the ocean,
you might go out to the woods,
you might seek to understand,
and you might seek to be understood,
you might wish you had the answers,
you might think that there are none,
you might wish that you could take back
all the things that have been done,
you might laugh,
you might cry,
you might learn not to feel,
you might learn to think your happiness
couldn't be real,
and you might be blocking,
blocking,
blocking,
the medicine you are
but no matter where you're walking
you are never too far
and there's no might about it
you are mighty soon we'll see
cuz no matter where you are,
well that's the place to be.

Come and fall up through the ceiling,
and then dive into the skies,
and reach for your father's closeness,
ride the wind as it arrives,
spread your wings atop of healing,
let the feeling of alive
come and fill your every moment,
go as deep as you go high.
Say "I'm alive"
I'm alive
I can feel the life that's living me,
and I don't need to try,
And I'm the life that's living me
so I can't even die.

And there's no might about it,
I am mighty soon we'll see,
Cuz no matter where I am,
well, that's the place.

Cuz no matter where you are, see
you're the place to be.

You might be the perfect present
for whereever you are now
you might give them what they need
even while you wonder how
and you might carry deep inside you
all the love that's ever lived,
And you might give us you and you us them,
and then you get all you can give,
and you might open up and see this world
is magical again,
you might find love and then end love,
you might make yourself a friend,
and there's no might about it,
we are mighty soon we'll see,
cuz no matter where we are
that's the place to be


-Iamani

No comments: